Manure Expo registration is now open www.manureexpo.ca
Come join us for the 2021 North American Manure Expo August 25-26thcoming from Ontario. Registration is free for this virtual event hosted from Maplevue Farms near Listowel, Perth county.
Although a virtual event and tradeshow, there is a lot to see. Equipment demonstrations featuring some of the latest innovations, farm tours, informative sessions highlighting current research and practical in-field tips around manure and organic amendments are scheduled during the two-day event (but available to view until the end of the year). Topics include:
- Determining the Real Cost of Handling Manure (panel)
- OPACA Innovations – Ontario Professional Ag Contractors share innovations that enhance application
- On-the-Go Tracking of Applied Nutrients– Opportunities, Challenges, Economics
- Compaction – Assessing the Problem – bymeasuring soil compaction from manure equipment at 6, 12- & 20-inch depth
- Compaction – Fixing the Problem– choosing tires, managing tire pressure and utilizing inflation/deflation systems
- Managing Manure to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Phosphorus and Manure – is 4R enough to reduce P impact from manure?
- Safe Travels – Tips for staying safe from agitation to application
- Maximizing Growing Season and In-crop Manure Application Using Draghose Systems
- Whole Farm Nutrient Management– Tour – Visit the North American Manure Expo 2021 host farm and family to experience Ontario dairy farm innovations and a whole-farm approach to manure nutrient management.
- Tiny Bubbles Make Me Happy– Tour -Aeration systems in liquid manure storages are a new-to-Ontario technology. Two dairy farms show and tell why they chose aeration and how the technology has improved manure management.
- Solid Innovations – Thinking Outside the Box– Tour beef, dairy and poultry solid manure facilities including a compost pack barn, innovative covered storage and compost production facility.
- From Flush to Field–Tour-Did you ever wonder what happens to, well you know, when you flush the toilet? Journey through a wastewater treatment plant all the way to field application of biosolids and experience the people, the processes and the products.
- The Land Down Under–Soil Interpretive Centre Tour – An overview of the world-class Soil Health Interpretive Centre (U of G) where cutting edge soils research meets farm field manure management.
Spreading manure, harvesting, or vacationing during the last week of August? No worries: Once registered there is access to all the events anytime until the end of the year. Registration is free, nutrient management CEU credits are available and the top 10 manure slogans will be revealed. Register today at www.manureexpo.ca